Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wasted Life?

Wow friends! It's been awhile since I've been blogging... and I have no excuses. Okay, actually I do... I was in Kenya for a good part of June on a missions trip. AND let me tell you... it was an amazing experience. I will post a few pictures and stories very soon. In fact... let me give you a little sneak preview:


Isn't he a cutie? More pictures to come...

But meanwhile.... I have been thinking.


If you died tomorrow... would you be happy with what you have accomplished in your life so far?


I know that's not the happiest thought to think on... but going down to Kenya really made it hit home for me. Am I ready to go? Do I have things that I have been putting off doing that I would regret NOT doing in my very last moments on this earth? If I know that God wants me to accomplish these things eventually... what's keeping me from doing them right now? Did I invest in the relationships that I knew God wanted me to invest in... or am I still waiting? WHY should I wait to spend time with my sister? WHY should I wait to tell my dad that I'm proud of him? The tomorrow that I'm counting on coming might be the one that never does.


Now, God encourages us to wait all throughout the Bible. After all, good things come to those who wait, right? YES.... but waiting because God has told me to wait on something... and waiting because I'm afraid to do something are two very different things.


So back to the question... if you died tomorrow would you be satisfied with the life you lived? Would you be happy with what you've accomplished?


If the answer to this question is no... what are some things that you can start doing right now that will make a difference? I wonder how many people come to the end of their lives and say "wow... I wish I would have taken that opportunity... I wish I would have done that. I wish I would have said that... or been that."


I don't want to be someone who looks back at my life and says "wow... that was a waste." Life is way too short to not spend my time wisely.


Right now, I can truthfully say that if I died tomorrow, I would be content with where God has brought me and what He has done in my life. I have seen so much of the world and have had so many amazing friendships with amazing people. But more important than all that... is the impact for Christ that we all have the opportunity to make. How many lives has Christ touched through me? Have I really lived as His hands and feet? There is no way that I have lived that way all the time... I'm so imperfect. But just thinking about getting another day to be used by my precious Savior is something that makes my heart smile in delight.


So don't wait to be those hands and feet, friends. A life lived for Christ is not a wasted life.


1 comment:

  1. Just hopping by on the Photo Blog Hop. In reading this post - the Twila Paris Song "He is No Fool" started playing in my mind, it was based on the words missionary Jim Elliot wrote, "He is no fool who lays down what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Praying Gods' continued blessings on your life and your witness for Him.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...