Tuesday, November 11, 2008

More Surrender

Well, yesterday, someone made me think about how often we deny ourselves and really do everything that God wants us to do. How often do we throw our own plans out the window and completely surrender ourselves to Christ? I know that life can get hard, especially at my age, to figure out when, where, and what I am supposed to be doing with my life. But the Lord promises to write my life for me, word by word, if only I surrender.

Surrendering is not an easy thing to do. It takes lots of courage to really deny yourself and take up your cross. This is my true hearts desire. That I would say "no" to my plans, and "yes Lord" to his.

Following Jesus is how we can have a fufilling life! Yesterday I was reading the book "Don't Waste Your Life", by John Piper. At one point in the book Piper quotes J. Campbell White:

"Most men are not satisfied with the permanent output of their lives. Nothing can wholly satisfy the life of Christ within his followers except the adoption of Christ's purpose toward the world he came to redeem. Fame, pleasure and riches are but husks and ashes in contrast with the boundless and abiding joy of working with God for the fulfillment of his eternal plans. The men who are putting everything into Christ's undertaking are getting out of life its sweetest and most priceless rewards."

It is true that nothing can truly satisfy like Christ can! Next time you are confronted with a decision to go down a road that you want to go down, or to go down the road that Christ is calling you to, pick Christ. He alone is truly the source of our greatest joy.

1 comment:

  1. I was talking to Ian about surrendering our lives to Christ last night. Most of the time I take that to mean that I should give something up to be doing something else for Christ. Psalm 46:10 says "Be still, and know that I am God". Ian pointed out to me that a lot of the time Christ is calling us to be still and to wait on Him.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...