Saturday, April 23, 2011

Complete




There is just something overwhelmingly beautiful about waiting on the Lord's plan.
He can write better stories than anyone else can

Watching His hand bless others abundantly through grace
Make me want to be obedient to the Lord's pace

I question.
I doubt.
I wonder if it's worth it.
Should I just do without?

"You'll just know" people say
But how will I know you've brought me the one
to whom I can give my heart away?

Lord, lead me.
I need you more than anything.
You've locked up my heart and taken the key.

Faithfulness is what I need
So blind me, close my eyes... until the time is right.
Purify every word and deed
I'm looking toward Your radiant light

Jesus, You alone can fulfill
Thank you for this abiding contentment
My one desire is to be in the center of Your will

But if... even in that place
There are no others
I'm confident that Your face
Will satisfy deeper than earthly lovers

Your beauty overwhelms me as I look
To You for the peace my heart craves
My paralyzing fear and shame You took
I praise You! Because Your love is a love that saves.

Please, dear Father, direct every step of mine.
Give me Your heartbeat
I pray continually: Not my will. Thine.
Only there am I satisfied, whole, and complete.



1 comment:

  1. That is so beautiful Emily. God has a wonderful plan for you!

    Have a blessed Easter!

    Grandma Linda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...