Monday, July 20, 2009

Blog Hop - Breakfast Casserole

Well hello blog hoppers! Today is Tuesday and I was totally thrilled to discover that the theme for today is favorite recipes! Unfortunately, all of my mom's precious recipe books are back at home in the states, but I have made this casserole several times since moving here... and it is DELICIOUS. Breakfast's can get boring after awhile if you eat the same cereal day in and day out (I'm not a cereal fan anyways), so I like to switch it up sometimes. I'm not a huge egg person either, so it was great to find this recipe which focuses on the cheese, ham, and potatoes instead. YUMMY! This is also a wonderful recipe to make the night before you need it. Then, simply take the bowl of mixed ingredients out of the fridge in the morning and place it in the pan to bake. Mornings are hectic enough as it is for us, which is why I always make it the night before. So without further ado... here it is:


Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole


Ingredients:



  • 32 ounce package of frozen hash brown potatoes


  • 8 ounces of diced ham


  • 2 cans of condensed cream of potato soup (if you like mushrooms I enjoy doing one can cream of mushroom and one can cream of potato)


  • 16 ounces of sour cream


  • 2 1/2 cups of sharp Cheddar cheese


  • 1 1/2 cups of grated Parmesan cheese


  • a pinch of salt and pepper

Directions:




  1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.


  2. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together except the Parmesan cheese. Once it's adequately mixed, spread all of it in the prepared dish and then sprinkle the leftover Parmesan cheese on top.


  3. Bake for 1 hour in preheated oven, or until bubbly and lightly brown.

Enjoy! And thanks for visiting today!


MckLinky Blog Hop

4 comments:

  1. I love breakfast casseroles! This looks like a delicious recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this looks really good & really easy . . . think I'll have to try it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delish to wake up to!

    Blog Hoppin'
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I agree with you about less eggs, more cheese and potatoes. This is definitely my kind of breakfast! Thanks for sharing!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...